Invisalign in Newport Beach
Are you hesitant to smile because of crowded teeth, crooked teeth, or a bite misalignment? Are you too busy to deal with the hassle of conventional metal braces? If so, it’s now possible to achieve a straight, beautiful, natural-looking smile in a fraction of the time with Invisalign clear aligners. As a proven, more discrete teeth-straightening alternative, the Invisalign system eliminates the need to wear lifestyle-limiting metal braces and wires. At Coastal Smiles in Newport Beach, we are a certified Invisalign provider.
What is Invisalign?
First introduced in 1999, Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment alternative to traditional fixed metal or ceramic braces. Instead of noticeable, bulky brackets and wires, the Invisalign system uses clear, flexible plastic aligner trays to gently and comfortably move misaligned teeth into their intended positions in as little as six months.
What’s also great about Invisalign is that the trays’ removable feature allows you to still eat all the foods you love, while offering ease of access for tooth-brushing and flossing. Most importantly, when your Invisalign treatment is through, you’ll have the straight, beautiful, natural-looking smile you’ve always wanted!
To better serve our patients, Coastal Smiles now offers Invisalign Express and Invisalign Teen. For details about those newer additions to the Invisalign product line, contact our office today.
Is Invisalign Better Than Braces?
Invisalign has now helped more than 11 million people worldwide achieve their smile-restoration goals. At Coastal Smiles, we’ve seen some amazing results in our Invisalign patients. The Invisalign removable braces system has become increasingly popular for reasons that include:
- Virtually undetectable by others
- The removable feature accommodates brushing and flossing
- No food restrictions
- Minimal lifestyle disruptions
Alternatives to Invisalign
Unfortunately, Invisalign clear plastic aligners are not suitable for everyone. Patients with teeth that are tilted more than 45 degrees, or those that have excessive tooth gapping or significant overbites are not candidates for Invisalign. Smokers who are not willing to quit, the elderly, and young children sometimes have a harder time adapting to Invisalign.
In those cases, Dr. Green usually recommends another teeth-straightening method, while patients with more severe teeth misalignments or improper bites (oral malocclusions) are referred to a local orthodontist for follow-up.
The best way to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign is by scheduling a smile consultation appointment with Dr. Green.
What is the Process for Getting Invisalign?
If you are a candidate for Invisalign, this is what you can expect during your course-of-
- Digital dental impressions of your teeth and mouth are taken, along with digital X-rays and 3-D images using comfortable intra-oral equipment. All that detailed information is then sent to the Invisalign lab.
- At the Invisalign lab, your aligners will be custom-designed with computer-aided precision to ensure maximum performance and comfort. Once your custom-made trays are ready, we’ll call you to come and pick them up.
- Your Invisalign aligners are meant to be worn 20 to 22 hours each day, including while asleep, and only removed for brushing, flossing, and eating. If you don’t follow those instructions, you may have to continue your Invisalign treatment for a longer period of time.
- Based on your prescription, you’ll wear each set of aligners for one to two weeks. You will also be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. Green every six to eight weeks so that she can monitor your progress. You will also receive your next batch of aligners during that office visit.
How Long do I Need to Wear Invisalign Aligners?
On average, most of our Invisalign patients achieve their teeth-straightening goals within 6 to 24 months. When the initial level of smile correction needed is more pronounced, after the initial Invisalign treatment is over it may be necessary to wear a nighttime retainer for several additional months to ensure all your smile-restoration goals are met.
Call to Schedule an Appointment Today
It’s never too late to get the straight, beautiful, natural-looking smile of your dreams. At Coastal
Smiles, we are a certified Invisalign provider in Newport Beach. As one of our many cosmetic dentistry solutions, Dr. Green has been successfully helping patients achieve their teeth- straightening goals with Invisalign for 10 years now. To find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign, schedule a smile consultation appointment with Dr. Green by calling our office today at 949-640-9554.