Dental implants can be used to permanently replace a single missing tooth, as well as a full arch of missing teeth. They involve the strategic placement of a titanium post into the underlying jawbone to serve as an artificial tooth root. Dr Mayra Bazavilvazo has performed countless implant procedures and helped numerous patients improve their smiles and their oral health.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- A major benefit of dental implants is that they preserve bone and prevent further deterioration of the facial structure and therefore improve appearance.
- Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Chances are great that you are! A good candidate should have the following:
- Healthy gums
- Enough bone to anchor the implants in the jaw
- A commitment to taking very good care of the implanted teeth and surrounding gums
Schedule a consultation
If you would like more information about implant dentistry, contact our office today! Call (949)640-9554 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mayra Bazavilvazo.